Learning the True Definition of Love
Three lies in the world's pattern for love:
1. The world's deceptions flow from the belief that love is primarily for the fulfillment of self, but true love is defined by serving others
and living for the glory of God. Jesus demonstrated this kind of love by dying on the cross.
2. The world claims that love is based on feeling, but true love is based on obedience to God and service to others (John 14:15).
3. The world tells us that love is unpredictable and beyond our control, but true love is a choice we must make, just as Jesus chose to
How to Keep Impatience from Robbing You of the Gift of Singleness
Three principles are given to help adjust wrong attitudes toward the timing of relationships:
1. The right thing at the wrong time is the wrong thing.
2. We don't need to shop for something we can't afford.
3. Any season of singleness is a gift from God.
How to Get on the Road to Righteousness
Three principles to help you maintain the direction of purity:
1. Respect the deep significance of physical intimacy. Refuse to steal these privileges before marriage.
2. Set your standards too high. Cut off the opportunity for sin at its root, ad flee from even the slightest possibility of compromise.
3. Make the purity of others a priority. For guys this means we must start being "warriors" standing guard over girls' hearts. For girls
this means doing all we can to guard our brothers' eyes being careful that we don't act, glance, or dress in ways designed to attract
attention or show off.